Sunday 13 March 2011

ShotGun Scheduling

Below are screenshots showing my shotgun project where I organized my project. 

First image shows the shot section to my project. Here I can add each shot so we can see what has been done and what still needs to be done. I was able to quickly see where we were with everything and keep track on how many shots there was to work on and what each needed to be done before ready for editing stage.

Below shows the assets screen. This is great to break down things needed for a project. So for me I added the asset called Creature model. Here again we could see exactly what was finished and what we needed and I could assign this to tasks as well as assigning shots to each task so people can see who else is working on each shot and what is completed. 


Below is the main part of the shotgun software. Here is where I assign all my shots, assets and sequences to different people in their different tasks. You can see how I have assigned tasks to different people and each shot has its own set of task such as Tracking, Animation, lighting and Comp. Each shot has this as all have to have those elements in them. Once you click on these the asset should the creature assigned to each shot. But not all needed as the model was completed so didn't need to show that it was completed every shot. To the right you can see the dashboard where it shows the time given to each task in bars and you can also see where they overlap. Also the person which the task is set to can change the status to what stage it is at, such as working on or completed etc. This gives people an idea in whether things are behind schedule or infront.

Below is the shot section of shotgun, here again you can see all the shots allocated to the project and get information in what each shot is about and what needs to be done.

Final image shows the main Dashboard screen. This is when your given a over view of the project and you can see how many tasks still need work, how many finished and how many that still need to be started. Also breaks down different task as in animation, matchmover etc tasks and how many of those are ongoing and finished. Final shows you how many shots and assets are assigned to the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment